The history of the Marquis de Terme began in 1762, when Mademoiselle Ledoux d’Emplet married François de Peguilhan, Marquis de Terme, giving him the estate that would henceforth bear his name.
Napoleon III decided to organise a universal exhibition in Paris, and official committees were responsible for selecting products and works of art to be exhibited there. In order to honour the wines of Bordeaux, a classification was requested. This is how Marquis de Terme joined the circle of the 1855 Grands Crus classés.
Pierre Sénéclauze bought the property and passed it on to his sons, Pierre-Louis, Philippe and Jean, the current owners. They appointed Ludovic David to manage Château Marquis de Terme.
Château Marquis de Terme is HVE certified and its vines are managed using sustainable methods.