During the 4th century, the hillsides of Ausone and Pavie were planted with the first vines to arrive in the region. Château Pavie is set on one of the most famous plots of land in St Emilion. 1
998 was the year of major changes: Château Pavie was bought by Gérard and Chantal PERSE in March. In August of that year, the first building restoration and reorganisation works began. The vat-house dating back to 1923 was replaced by 20 temperature-controlled wooden vats enabling parcel-by-parcel vinification. The new, completely revolutionary barrel cellar was inaugurated for the 1999 harvests.